Warm your winters, cool your summers and pocket hot savings with Dual Fuel.
Enjoy comfortable heat in the winter and refreshingly cool air in the summer with an add-on electric heat pump. The heat pump works with your oil, gas or propane furnace to provide heat in the winter and becomes a central air conditioning unit in the summer.
How your heat pump heats
- First, heat is absorbed from cold air outside by a low temperature, low pressure refrigerant.
- The gaseous refrigerant then passes through compressor & is compressed into a high temperature, high pressure vapor.
- As refrigerant passes through an indoor coil, heat is transferred to indoor air and the refrigerant condenses to a liquid.
- Warm air is then circulated throughout your house.
- The liquid refrigerant returns to the outdoor coil where it once again becomes a vapor and the cycle starts over.
How your heat pump cools
- Heat is absorbed from inside air by a low temperature, low pressure refrigerant in the indoor coil.
- Cool, dehumidified air is circulated in the house.
- Heated gaseous refrigerant flows to a compressor, which then raises the pressure & temperature of the gas & pumps it to the outdoor coil, where heat is transferred to outdoor air.
- Refrigerant condenses into a liquid in the outside coil as heat is given off.
- Liquid flows back to the indoor coil where it vaporizes, & the cycle starts again.
Darke REC Dual Fuel Rebate Program Requirements
You can qualify for a $600 rebate if you install an add-on electric heat pump unit to an existing heating system.
The rebate program will be reviewed each year to determine its continuation.
Click here for heat pump guidelines.